New technologies live or die based on their ability to engage with people. Countless technological marvels have been lost to the annals of history because they never managed to create something that people actually wanted to use. The blockchain industry is reaching the point where mainstream adoption is needed for blockchain solutions to survive and thrive in their current form. While mainstream media outlets have begun to recognize and parrot certain keywords, an easy-to-use application is still needed to help crystalize the public's understanding of the benefits and opportunities brought by blockchain technology.
Gaming has quietly been at the core of the MATRIX AI Network since the start. This in in large part due to MATRIX CEO Owen Tao's long history in the Asian gaming space. As many in the community already know, Mr. Tao's professional successes include a series of gaming ventures including establishing a large-scale 3D virtual community, creating the world's first in-game advertising system and founding an award-winning gaming platform which ultimately attracted over 20 million registered users to become to most popular gaming platform in Asia at the time. Mr. Tao's experiences have taught him that games are often the first contact a consumer has with a new technology, that new technologies offer a slew of advantages to game design, and that games offer strong catalysts for the mass adoption.
Gaming mascots have largely fallen out of fashion in the west. Nevertheless, they remain important elements of the Asian gaming space – particularly in China. As such, the MATRIX team is happy to announce the launch of the MATRIX Mascot Design Competition!
This mascot will be at the center of the MATRIX gaming ecosystem and will appear in game announcements and promotional materials. If this mascot proves popular enough, it may also pop up elsewhere! Truth be told, these types of activities would usually be reserved for Asian markets. However, the importance of the community to a project like MATRIX cannot be overstated. Since a blockchain like the MATRIX AI Network is a global effort, the team has decided to open this competition to the talented and passionate individuals of the global audience as well.
Simply put, the team is looking for designs that convey a positive image that tells the world what MATRIX is really about. Elements that communicate a sense of playfulness or a love of games are encouraged! Unique, creative ideas are a must!
1. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com.
2. Submission files should be named "MATRIX Mascot Design + Your Name"
3. The email should include your ERC20 wallet address, your mascot's name and a brief written description explaining your concept
|Submissions||November 5, 2018 - November 23, 2018|
|Selection of Finalists||November 23, 2018 - November 29, 2018|
|Community Voting||November 30, 2018 - December 6, 2018|
|Announcement||December 7, 2018|
Best Mascot Design (x1): 5000 MAN & a custom mascot
Popular Choice (x1): 5000 MAN
Honorable Mentions (x5): 1000 MAN
Winning designs will be selected by both the community (Popular Choice) and the MATRIX team (everything else). Winners of the “Best Mascot Design” will receive a customized physical prize in addition to MAN tokens.
1. Submissions able to capture the problems that the MATRIX AI Network is trying to solve – namely, the programming barriers and security flaws introduced by smart contracts, the lack of flexibility in blockchain parameters, the wasted computing power of hash mining and the subpar system throughput speeds – will be viewed favorably.
2. Mascot submissions are recommended – though not required(!) – to include three views: from the front, from the back and from the side!
3. Participants must not infringe on any copyright, intellectual property rights or relevant laws.