In accordance with the roadmap in Stage 2 and following the test of MANAS and MANIA in October, we are now making MANTA (Matrix AI Network Training Algorithm) for test starting from 8-12 November.
MANTA means a lot to MATRIX because of the facts below:
1. The computing power of un-selected nodes, instead of idling, they can be used to train an algorithm for benefits of the miners.
2. Lower the barrier for people to develop AI services or applications, which will bring more AI services to MANAS.
3. Enriches the varieties of Matrix’s ecosystem.
4. Increases the liquidity of MAN.
As the name MANTA suggests, it is about training an AI algorithm. Unlike MANTA and MANIA, which can be tested by general users, which most of them had fun with trying to play around or fool the systems, MANTA is more for people with AI background. If you are interested, please send email to me for accessing with some words about your background in AI. This time, we will control to limited person because of the server deployment.
We had demo videos about MANTA back in July (Link 1, Link 2). The reason we chose demo video to present MANTA is because of the same reason, i.e. it is more for AI scientists or people with AI background to train their models, and hard to present it to the general public. That said, after the hard work of the project team, we move forward from video to a platform ready for test. The differences between the two version lie at:
1. Stage 1, it is about distributing tasks to multi-node and work simultaneously. It has not fulfilled the auto machine learning part.
2. Stage 2, the platform is more ready with front-end and back-end, plus task progress monitoring.
3. Stage 2, it has two distributed auto training modules, namely, Image Classification and Depth Estimation.
This progress is important in the sense that
1. This is a ready-to-use platform by AI scientists.
2. Auto Machine Learning becomes possible, and computing power and tasks become meaningful with it.
Now, we are clear of the background and its importance. Allow me to go further with the test scope and details.
a. To demonstrate to the public the technology progress we have achieved in distributed auto machine learning.
b. To solicit comments from people with AI knowledge on the operation and workflow.
a. From 8 to 12 November
b. Open to people with AI knowledge and test in different times
c. Interested person, please send email to EricChoy@Matrix.io mentioning your AI background.
d. A test guide will be provided.
e. For those who wants to know more about MANTA, we will shoot a video going through the process.
I know you are curious about MANTA. We have below screen caps for you:
3. Progress Monitoring